Allard Motor Company Limited was founded by Sydney Allard in London, England in 1945, only producing 1900 cars before going defunct in 1958. Originally designing car to compete in timed trials, the first vehicle being produced in just under three weeks, powered by a Ford flathead V8 in a body eerily similar to that of Bugatti. Allard saw some success on the track with an independent front suspension, and eventually became a made to order vehicle. In 1937, Allard began to produce modified Ford, by 1939 twelve Allard Specials had been produced. The Allard Special was a specially made vehicle, often matching various engines with different bodies. Allard also had plans of mass-producing cars but was pre-emptied by Ford-based trucks, although this did give Allard the opportunity to acquire many spare Ford parts.
In 1945, when the full Allard Motor Company was established it began by using the excess parts from Ford parts and body designs done by Allard. Soon after the war Allard introduced three new models the J, K, and L, powered by an 85-horsepower side valve V8, with a three-speed transmission that was low-geared rear end. But as car companies began to make technological advances in manufacturing and development, Allard began to fall behind the curve. By the mid to late 50's many of its models were unable to meet expectations, were behind the competition in terms of technology, and could not seem to find their footing in the marketplace. The combination of their inability to find their footing and an on-going recession manufacturing of vehicles ceased in 1957.
Call us at 1-800-USA-1965, or fill out our online application form.