In 1945, when the full Allard Motor Company was established it began by using the excess parts from Ford parts and body designs done by Allard. Soon after the war Allard introduced three new models the J, K, and L, powered by an 85-horsepower side valve V8, with a three-speed transmission that was low-geared rear end. But as car companies began to make technological advances in manufacturing and development, Allard began to fall behind the curve. By the mid to late 50?s many of its models were unable to meet expectations, were behind the competition in terms of technology, and could not seem to find their footing in the marketplace. The combination of their inability to find their footing and an on-going recession manufacturing of vehicles ceased in 1957.
In 1961, the company did offer a specialized dragster called the Dragon. Allard also offered conversions for various ford parts in the late 50?s and early 60?s. Then in 1966 Sydney Allard died, by then much of the car industry for Allard had died as well. Although, in 2011, a joint venture was started by Sydney Allard?s grandson in the business of authentically reviving defuncts cars. This idea was shortly shot down after intellectual property rights lawsuits. But Allard again is heading toward revival as the company officially reopened business, and planning production in 2018. Production will be geared toward making new sports car based on original models.
J.J. Best Bank & Co. offers collector car financing for the 1946 Allard. Click here to read more about the 1947 Allard.